Personalized Attention to Your Medical Malpractice Case Is Our Priority
Coppola & Melonakis is a “small” law firm by design, but we have large law firm experience coupled with a desire to offer a more individualized approach to aiding our clients. Our passion is helping people who have been injured and families who have lost a loved one due to the negligence of others.
Our experienced medical malpractice lawyers prefer to give each case our undivided personal attention, and we are proud of our accomplishments.
We Are Hospital Negligence Attorneys Who Fight the Good Fight
People in Colorado seek our help after being harmed through the negligence of doctors, hospitals, and other health care providers. Many personal injury law firms shy away from medical malpractice cases for several reasons:
- Gathering of evidence and preparation of a compelling case is time-consuming, costly, and hard work.
- A medical malpractice lawyer must devote the time and attention necessary to learn the essentials about the medical facts of the case, as well as to apply applicable law to those facts.
- Some personal injury lawyers fear that handling medical malpractice cases will give them a bad reputation in the medical community, making it difficult to work with doctors in the future.
At Coppola & Melonakis, our lawyers understand those concerns, and we are proud to rise to the challenge on behalf of clients who have been wronged when doctors fail to follow established standards of care. We work hard to learn the medicine and consult with appropriate experts in each “med mal” case. Over the years, we have gained knowledge in a number of medical areas, yet we also recognize the need to stay up to speed on medical protocol for every new case.
Hire Experienced and Dedicated Medical Negligence Lawyers
Our attorneys have helped medical malpractice victims who have suffered harm under circumstances including:
- Anesthesia mistakes resulting in death on the operating table
- Surgical mistakes, like when a surgeon operates on the wrong body part, completes surgery but leaves a sponge or surgical instrument in the body, or perforates an intestine during a procedure and fails to realize it, all with disastrous results
- Medical treatment errors, such as the negligent administration of spinal injections causing paralysis
- Prescription errors, such as the negligent administration of medication before or after surgery
- Hospital negligence, including nursing malpractice, failure to properly maintain equipment, understaffing, and other mistakes
- Emergency room errors, such as ignoring symptoms of a heart attack
- Misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis, such as when inadequate testing results in afailure to diagnose cancer or other disease
- Birth injuries caused by failure to monitor during labor or failure to diagnose risk factors during prenatal care
Whether you were injured or your loved one was killed due to an error in an emergency room, in surgery, through the negligent administration or prescription of medication or during childbirth, our attorneys welcome the opportunity to listen and advise you.
In a medical malpractice case, you may make a claim against a health care provider such as a doctor, nurse, therapist, clinic, hospital or nursing home.
Contact us to schedule a free initial consultation with a Denver medical malpractice lawyer. We handle most cases on a contingency fee basis. We don’t collect attorney fees unless we obtain compensation for you.