Compassionate and Skilled Fatal Accident Attorneys
If you have lost a family member in an accident, you have our sincere sympathy. At Coppola & Melonakis, we understand your sense of having been wronged by a negligent party such as a drunk driver, an emergency room doctor or a careless co-worker at a construction site.
Contact us to schedule a free initial consultation with one of our experienced Denver wrongful death lawyers.
Our attorneys have much more to offer than sympathy, however. We are well-experienced at helping clients who have lost loved ones recover monetary compensation.
Our attorneys are prepared to evaluate the facts of how your loved one lost his or her life and apply provisions of wrongful death statutes to build a case for compensation against any negligent parties.
Wrongful death cases often arise from accidents such as:
- Motor vehicle accidents: car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle or pedestrian
- Medical malpractice: birth injury, failure to diagnose cancer, emergency room error
- Airplane crashes or boat accidents
- Accidents involving dangerous or defective products
- Accidents occurring due to dangerous conditions on property such as shopping center parking lots without adequate security, unsafe stairways in apartment buildings not built to code and other premises liability situations
Damages in Wrongful Death Claims
As a widow or widower surviving the death of your spouse, you and/or your children may be able to obtain monetary compensation through a wrongful death claim against responsible parties:
- Compensation for financial support that your husband or wife would have provided for your family if he or she had lived
- Compensation for medical bills and funeral expenses
- Compensation for loss of pension or retirement benefits that your spouse would have received during retirement years, assuming a normal life span
- Compensation for loss of companionship, including loss of consortium (the marriage relationship in particular)
- Compensation for grief and suffering
An insurance claims adjuster, a judge or a jury will want information such as the following when calculating the compensation you should receive as widow, widower or orphan of a wrongful death victim:
- How dependent you were on the deceased person
- How long the deceased person could have been expected to live
- What the deceased person was likely to earn over the course of his or her lifetime had the accidental death not occurred
- Consideration of any comparative fault: Did the deceased person contribute to his or her own fatal accident?
For legal representation that may help you recover compensation after an accidental death, we recommend that you select a personal injury attorney with ample experience handling complex wrongful death cases.
Whether you choose our law firm to represent you or some other attorney, we urge you to find a lawyer who inspires confidence in you and who will spend the time and care necessary to get to know you and the nature of your family’s loss after a fatal accident has taken your loved one.
After Losing a Loved One in a Fatal Accident, Talk to Us
Whether your deceased family member was a child, a working adult, a stay-at-home homemaker or a retired elderly person, our attorneys welcome the opportunity to listen and advise you. In a wrongful death case, you may make a claim against a careless motorist, the manufacturer of defective car parts or equipment, a health care provider or a property owner.
Please contact our office to schedule a free initial consultation with an attorney. We handle most cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning we don’t charge attorney fees unless we obtain monetary compensation for you and your family.